A professional writer and amateur actress, Joan believes in the transforming power of creative endeavor. Joan is involved in a number of creative pursuits: she is the author of the novel Co-opted, set in Palo Alto CA, and is currently collaborating on a new musical comedy. She runs Rhyming Tributes, and she teaches drama for Neighborhood Arts. Her background in development writing, allows her to do pro bono writing for a number of non-profit organizations.
Gail Grant, Curriculum Development and Marketing Guru
Gail divides her time among:
- Volunteer work at the Opportunity Center of the Midpeninsula, a facility that helps homeless and at-risk individuals and families. She works primarily with the Family Center.
- The Bright Lights Program – a program started in the fall of 2002 to teach children about helping others. Follow the link for more info.
- St. Mark’s Family Choir: A multi-generational choir that sings rounds in church during communion once every six weeks.
- Office Volunteer and chorister at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
- Leads the Rounds Choir at Neighborhood Arts